Sandgate Law

Dampness Cases

If you rent your home either from a private landlord or from a Local Authority then the landlord will always have responsibilities and obligations with respect to ensuring that the property is in a “tenantable condition” at the start of your tenancy and they will also have obligations for the on-going maintenance and repair of the property.  These obligations should be set out in a lease.

If you have suffered loss injury or damage as a result of dampness in your house then you may be able to make a claim for compensation.   Your claim may be based amongst other things on damage to your property, redecoration costs, damages for stress and inconvenience related to the dampness and for any injury or disease caused or exacerbated by the dampness.  Call Sandgate Law now and we can give you full advice on the prospects of any claim you may have.  Our advice is free and you will have no obligation to instruct us to act even after we have given you our advice.

If you do decide to instruct Sandgate Law then we can act on a legal aid basis if you qualify or on a no-win-no-fee basis.  We can discuss the details when you call.

Make an enquiry